By the end of this session, the delegate will have an Awareness of the following:
- Road side furniture and signage.
- Correct use in relation to position, size and how to reduce basic confusion.
- Cones and protective barriers.
- Correct positioning and spacing guidelines in relation to speed limit of roads near to construction area.
- Optimising diversionary and protective materials for night time identification.
- Positioning of safe access points for works vehicles.
- Control methods for entry and exit Preparing appropriate toolbox talks for road side workers.
- Case studies on existing road works – identifying good and bad practice.
- Risk Assessments identifying dangers to all road users including vehicles and pedestrian traffic.
- Overview of existing policy and client requirements and action these policies in relation to optimising safety.
- Incident reaction appropriate reaction to traffic incidents at the work site.
Traffic Control and Point Duty: basic introduction to traffic control and point duty