Approved Training Provider for HSE & DDC
British Approval for Fire Equipment (BAFE)
|British Approval for Fire Equipment (BAFE)||Section 16|
|01-BAFE-OTI||Examinations certificate for Extinguishers Technicians (British Approval for Fire Equipment)|
The British Approvals for Fire Equipment (BAFE) exam is nationally recognized and fully endorsed by the BSI as satisfying the training clause of ISO 9002.
Theoretical training and practical experience over four days for the servicing & maintenance of various types of portable extinguisher. Based on British Standard 5306-¬3 ‘Servicing and Maintenance’, British Standard 5306¬-8 ‘Selecting and Positioning.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone who will be carrying out the servicing and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers
- Anyone likely to answer technical questions regarding portable extinguisher
What does the course cover?
- The theory of fire and extinguishing
- Selection and positioning of the right fire extinguisher
- Classes of fire
- Definitions of a portable extinguisher
- Fire ratings and flammable materials
- Provision and siting of extinguishers
- Inspection periods
- Extinguishing agents
- Maintenance requirements
- Carrying out a service: delegates will be expected to complete an inspection and service a range of extinguishers
The course is accepted by BAFE and the students will be sitting the BAFE examination recognized across British influenced territories. The most widely accepted is NFPA then BAFE.